Surah Al Imran. Ayats 121 – 130.
121. Remember that morning Thou didst leave Thy household (early) to post the faithful at their stations for battle: And Allah heareth and knoweth all things:
122. Remember two of your parties meditated cowardice; but Allah was their protector, and in Allah should the faithful (Ever) put their trust.
123. Allah had helped you at Badr, when ye were a contemptible little force; then fear Allah. thus May ye show your gratitude.
124. Remember thou saidst to the Faithful: “Is it not enough for you that Allah should help you with three thousand angels (Specially) sent down?
125. “Yea, – if ye remain firm, and act aright, even if the enemy should rush here on you in hot haste, your Lord would help you with five thousand angels Making a terrific onslaught.
126. Allah made it but a message of hope for you, and an assurance to your hearts: (in any case) there is no help except from Allah. The Exalted, the Wise:
127. That He might cut off a fringe of the Unbelievers or expose them to infamy, and they should then be turned back, frustrated of their purpose.
128. Not for thee, (but for Allah., is the decision: Whether He turn in mercy to them, or punish them; for they are indeed wrong-doers.
129. To Allah belongeth all that is in the heavens and on earth. He forgiveth whom He pleaseth and punisheth whom He pleaseth; but Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
130. O ye who believe! Devour not usury, doubled and multiplied; but fear Allah. that ye may (really) prosper.
Translation: Abdullah Yusuf
The Battle of Badr was fought on 13th March 624 CE ( 2AH). Prophet Mohammad (Peace be upon him) had 313 men on his side, while the Meccan army had 1000 men. God sent angels to help the Muslims in winning a decisive victory.
Usury is the practice of making unethical loans which enrich the lender. It’s prohibited in Islam.