Surah Al Imran. Ayats 131 – 140
131. Fear the Fire, which is repaired for those who reject Faith:
132. And obey Allah and the Messenger. that ye may obtain mercy.
133. Be quick in the race for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Garden whose width is that (of the whole) of the heavens and of the earth, prepared for the righteous,-
134. Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men;- for Allah loves those who do good;-
135. And those who, having done something to be ashamed of, or wronged their own souls, earnestly bring Allah to mind, and ask for forgiveness for their sins,- and who can forgive sins except Allah.- and are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done.
136. For such the reward is forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens with rivers flowing underneath,- an eternal dwelling: How excellent a recompense for those who work (and strive)!
137. Many were the Ways of Life that have passed away before you: travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who rejected Truth.
138. Here is a plain statement to men, a guidance and instruction to those who fear Allah.
139. So lose not heart, nor fall into despair: For ye must gain mastery if ye are true in Faith.
140. If a wound hath touched you, be sure a similar wound hath touched the others. Such days (of varying fortunes) We give to men and men by turns: that Allah may know those that believe, and that He may take to Himself from your ranks Martyr-witnesses (to Truth). And Allah loveth not those that do wrong.
Translation: Abdullah Yusuf
Taken from tafsir (explanation) for Ayat 134 is the excerpt below
The existence of interest in a society generates two kinds of moral disease. It breeds greed and avarice, meanness and selfishness among those who receive interest. At the same time, those who have to pay interest develop strong feelings of hatred, resentment, spite and jealousy. God intimates to the believers that the attributes bred by the spread of interest are the exact opposite of those which develop as a result of spending in the way of God, and that it is through the latter rather than the former that man can achieve God’s forgiveness and Paradise.