Surah Al Imran. Ayats 161 – 170
161. No prophet could (ever) be false to his trust. If any person is so false, He shall, on the Day of Judgment, restore what he misappropriated; then shall every soul receive its due,- whatever it earned, —- and none shall be dealt with unjustly.
162. Is the man who follows the good pleasure of Allah like the man who draws on himself the wrath of Allah, and whose abode is in Hell?- A woeful refuge!
163. They are in varying grades in the sight of Allah, and Allah sees well all that they do.
164. Allah did confer a great favour on the Believers when He sent among them a Messenger from among themselves, rehearsing unto them the Signs of Allah, purifying them, and instructing them in Scripture and Wisdom, while, before that, they had been in manifest error.
165. What! When a single disaster smites you, although ye smote (your enemies) with one twice as great, do ye say?— “Whence is this?” Say (to them): “It is from yourselves: for Allah hath power over all things.”
166. What ye suffered on the day the two armies met, was with the leave of Allah, in order that He might test the Believers,—
167. And the Hypocrites also. These were told: “Come, fight in the way of Allah, or (at least) drive (the foe from your city).” They said: “Had we known there would be a fight, we should certainly have followed you.” They were that day nearer to Unbelief than to Faith, saying with their lips what was not in their hearts. But Allah hath full knowledge of all they conceal.
168. (They are) the ones that say, (of their brethren slain), while they themselves sit (at ease): “If only they had listened to us they would not have been slain.” Say: “Avert death from your own selves, if ye speak the truth.”
169. Think not of those who are slain in Allah’s way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord.
170. They rejoice in the Bounty provided by Allah, and with regard to those left behind, who have not yet joined them (in their bliss), the (martyrs) glory in the fact that on them is no fear, nor have they (cause to) grieve.
Translation: Abdullah Yusuf